1) Businesses and individuals engaged in the design and manufacture of jewelry for retail distribution may enter the contest. Entrants who submit on behalf of a business must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and must be properly authorized to enter on the business’s behalf. Individuals must likewise be 18 years of age or older to enter. Employees (and their immediate families and household members) of Smartwork Media, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other companies sponsoring the contest are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
2) To be eligible for entry, the jewelry piece must be an original design, it must be commercially available, and it must meet the requirements for the category in which it is entered (see below for general and specific category requirements).
GENERAL CATEGORY REQUIREMENTS
- Jewelry must be commercially available in order to qualify for entry (this includes one-of-a-kind pieces, which may be entered provided that they are commercially available).
- No CAD drawings or prototypes may be entered. Finished jewelry only may be entered.
- Entries must be in compliance with the FTC Guides for the Jewelry, Precious Metals, and Pewter Industries.
- Semi-mounts should be shown with center stone. Entrant must indicate in the description if the price is for the semi-mount only.
- Diamond jewelry must comply with the Kimberley Process system of warranties.
- No piece that has won a previous jewelry design or jewelry industry award may be entered.
- Only jewelry created since January 2017 will be eligible for the contest.
SPECIFIC CATEGORY REQUIREMENTS
DIAMOND JEWELRY: Natural diamonds only (no lab-created stones may be entered). All treatments must be disclosed.
COLORED GEMSTONE JEWELRY: Natural gemstones only are allowed; all treatments must be disclosed. Lab-created and synthetic stones may not be entered.
PLATINUM JEWELRY: Must be 100 percent platinum of 850 parts or higher.
GOLD JEWELRY: Must be 14K gold or higher. All tones qualify (i.e., yellow, white, rose, multi-tone). Entries should be primarily gold; other materials incorporated into the jewelry should not exceed 33 percent of the design.
SILVER JEWELRY: Must be sterling (.925) or fine silver (.999). Entries should be primarily silver; other materials incorporated into the jewelry should not exceed 33 percent of the design.
ENGAGEMENT / WEDDING RING JEWELRY: Engagement rings, wedding bands, anniversary bands, commitment rings, and three-ring wedding sets qualify for entry into this category.
ALTERNATIVE MATERIALS JEWELRY: Jewelry construction to be composed of materials other than gold, platinum or silver.
PEARLS: All treatments must be disclosed.
- Winners of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize in each category will be determined by a panel of jewelry retailers and press.
- Winners will be notified by April 18, 2018 and may be required to submit their entered piece for physical inspection. Jewelry must be sent via insured, registered mail, postage prepaid, return receipt requested, or insured overnight courier. Failure to submit jewelry may result in disqualification. Any piece that, upon inspection, is determined at Smartwork Media’s sole discretion not to qualify for the category in which it was entered will be disqualified.
- All award-winning pieces will be featured in the June 2018 issue of INSTORE and online at www.instoremag.com.
- Winners will receive a trophy by June 8, 2018.
- Winners will not receive any cash, prize money, or any compensation.
1) Entries that do not comply with any of these rules will be disqualified.
2) By entering the contest, you grant SmartWork Media the right and license to reproduce, publish, distribute, and display your entry materials (and portions thereof) in any of its SmartWork Media publications in all media and/or advertising, and you represent and warrant:
- that the information provided in your entry form is accurate and complete;
- that the work depicted in your entry is your own original creation, that SmartWork Media’s use and publication of your entry materials will not infringe upon or otherwise violate any trademark, copyright, trade secret, patent, or other intellectual property right, any right of publicity, privacy, or other personal right or any law, rule, or regulation;
- that you have obtained all necessary license and releases from persons involved in creating your entry materials (including photographers) so that Smartwork Media will not incur any obligation or liability to them based upon its use or publication of your entry materials.
3) Entries must include an entry fee of $175 for first entry, $150 for additional entries (discounted rates may apply). The entry fee is nonrefundable, regardless of whether or not your entry is determined to be ineligible or disqualified, unless competition is cancelled or postponed by Smartwork Media.
4) SmartWork Media reserves the right to cancel or postpone all or portions of the competition for any or no reason. If you have submitted an entry for a cancelled or postponed portion of the competition, SmartWork Media will refund your entry fee for that entry within 30 days of the decision to cancel or postpone, and the licenses granted by you to Smartwork Media under these rules for the affected entries will terminate. In addition, SmartWork Media reserves the right to combine categories.
5) Entrants must not promote the online voting portion of the competition to the public. They may only promote the competition to jewelry retailers. Any entrant found to have promoted the voting to the public may be disqualified.
6) By entering, you accept and agree to be bound by these rules and by the decisions of SmartWork Media regarding the same. SmartWork Media’s decisions are final on all matters regarding these Awards.
ENTRY DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 16, 2018