Porter Lyons, New Orleans, LA
Jewelry designer Ashley Porter derives her inspiration from cultures around the world, with a concentration on New Orleans, where her family heritage dates to the 1860s. She holds a bachelor of science degree in marketing and a master of finance from Tulane University, as well as a graduate degree from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles. After working for Balenciaga and Ralph Lauren in New York, she returned to New Orleans and late last year opened her first retail location in the city’s French Quarter. Porter recently launched the Crescent City Collection, which features the astrological placement of New Orleans, with each piece hiding the altitude and longitude of the city in its design.
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Fun Stories
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
- Wouldn't You Just Love to Say This to the Customer Who Pooh-Poohs a Complicated Repair?
- Cartoon: And It Was Love at First Sight ...
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.