Gene the Jeweler is sure things will improve.
If you've been keeping up with the Gene the Jeweler series, you know that Gene doesn't exactly train his people. And predictably, that leads to problems in his store ...
In this episode, we learn about an employee we'll call Tardy Jeremy. Jeremy's chronic failure to come in on time is creating a "burning, shared, semi-murderous resentment."
Gene has talked with Jeremy about the problem "in passing" but hasn't tackled it head-on. Still, he's convinced that things will get better — somehow. He's not at all ready to let Jeremy go.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Gene is, of course, a parody created by jewelry marketing specialist Jimmy DeGroot. The series is kind of like a jewelry-industry version of The Office.
But in many jewelry stores, these types of issues are anything but fiction.
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a Lucky Break
- Take the Perfect Proposal Selfie With This Engagement Ring Phone Case
- Gem Quiz: This Flamboyant Gem Was Named After a Founding Father of Brazilian Mineralogy
- There's Something Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business ... Several Somethings, Actually
- Cartoon: A Surefire Way to Stop Losing Gemstones