Gene the Jeweler describes his best salesperson.
Margie has worked for Gene the Jeweler's store forever — or at least since the '60s.
She worked for Gene's parents when they owned the business. In fact she was their first hire.
And today, she's the store's best salesperson, despite some problems with personal hygiene and choice of attire. And the fact that she doesn't get along with other staff members at all.
Gene, the star of the parody series by marketing specialist Jimmy DeGroot, describes Margie as "quirky." A better word might be toxic.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Once again, the problems in Gene's fictional jewelry store reflect poorly on his management practices. Since Margie presumably generate much of the store's revenue, you have to wonder what will happen when she inevitably decides to retire — especially since Gene doesn't train his staff.
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
- Wouldn't You Just Love to Say This to the Customer Who Pooh-Poohs a Complicated Repair?
- Cartoon: And It Was Love at First Sight ...
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.