Gene the Jeweler describes his best salesperson.
Margie has worked for Gene the Jeweler's store forever — or at least since the '60s.
She worked for Gene's parents when they owned the business. In fact she was their first hire.
And today, she's the store's best salesperson, despite some problems with personal hygiene and choice of attire. And the fact that she doesn't get along with other staff members at all.
Gene, the star of the parody series by marketing specialist Jimmy DeGroot, describes Margie as "quirky." A better word might be toxic.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Once again, the problems in Gene's fictional jewelry store reflect poorly on his management practices. Since Margie presumably generate much of the store's revenue, you have to wonder what will happen when she inevitably decides to retire — especially since Gene doesn't train his staff.
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: Jewelry Design Is a Labor of Love
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Creates the Tool to End All Tools
- Gene Creates Lots of 'Custom' Jewelry ... But Does He Really?
- Believe It or Not, Avocado Ring Boxes Are Now a Thing
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.