The fictional Gene once again shows us what not to do.
You may recall that Gene the Jeweler's jewelry story changes a lot of watch batteries. And at $5 a pop, it's hardly the world's most profitable business line.
In today's video, we get a little more insight into the situation as the fictional Gene gets his employee to talk about the customers who come in for battery replacement. And we hear a pretty gross term: wrist cheese.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Yep, Gene's store apparently deals with wrist cheese quite a bit. And the more Gene talks about his watch-repair operation, the more it seems like a service he shouldn't even be offering, given the low, or possibly nonexistent, margins.
What do you think?
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: Jewelry Design Is a Labor of Love
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Creates the Tool to End All Tools
- Gene Creates Lots of 'Custom' Jewelry ... But Does He Really?
- Believe It or Not, Avocado Ring Boxes Are Now a Thing
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.