The fictional Gene once again shows us what not to do.
You may recall that Gene the Jeweler's jewelry story changes a lot of watch batteries. And at $5 a pop, it's hardly the world's most profitable business line.
In today's video, we get a little more insight into the situation as the fictional Gene gets his employee to talk about the customers who come in for battery replacement. And we hear a pretty gross term: wrist cheese.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Yep, Gene's store apparently deals with wrist cheese quite a bit. And the more Gene talks about his watch-repair operation, the more it seems like a service he shouldn't even be offering, given the low, or possibly nonexistent, margins.
What do you think?
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
- Wouldn't You Just Love to Say This to the Customer Who Pooh-Poohs a Complicated Repair?
- Cartoon: And It Was Love at First Sight ...
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.