He isn't taking an organized tack at all.
Gene the Jeweler always seems to find the least effective approach possible for handling a given area of his business.
And in many cases, the issue is not so much in what he's doing, but what he's not doing.
In today's video, we learn about a couple of realms where Gene really should have processes set up. Namely, sales methodology and accounts payable.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
But Gene isn't taking an organized tack at all.
Staff members use their own sales approaches.
"Everybody has kind of their own method," says Gene, a fictional character created by jewelry marketing specialist Jimmy DeGroot.
In terms of vendors, "We pay when we have to," Gene says. He generally comes up with the money only after the company calls him.
It seems like a chaotic way to run a store, and a hard way to make a profit.
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: Jewelry Design Is a Labor of Love
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Creates the Tool to End All Tools
- Gene Creates Lots of 'Custom' Jewelry ... But Does He Really?
- Believe It or Not, Avocado Ring Boxes Are Now a Thing
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.