This guy just doesn't get it.
They say you can't judge a book by its cover. But Gene the Jeweler tries to do it anyway.
In the video below, the fictional Gene Kadlin explains that "profiling" is a key part of his store's sales program. (As you may recall, he pretty much always uses the least effective approach possible for every area of his business.)
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
He explains: "That's how we know what people can afford, what they're looking for ... it's a better way for us to help them."
What type of profiling does he do? He starts by looking closely at the clothes they're wearing, and moves on to some questions about any criminal history they may have.
Don't try this at home, folks. (Or at work. Or anywhere.)
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
- Wouldn't You Just Love to Say This to the Customer Who Pooh-Poohs a Complicated Repair?
- Cartoon: And It Was Love at First Sight ...
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.