Wait a minute ... does he ever actually close any sales?
In today's video, Gene the Jeweler is kind enough to divulge his techniques for closing a sale.
Unfortunately, the only thing you'll probably learn from the fictional Gene is how not to do business. Does he ever actually close any sales? With his approach, you have to wonder.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Closing deals in Gene's store starts with one key concept: "Make them buy."
To achieve that, he uses methods such as discounting his products and throwing in extra items — such as mountings — or services. He's even been known to wash a customer's car now and then.
And his staff members have some, shall we say, interesting techniques of their own.
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: Jewelry Design Is a Labor of Love
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Creates the Tool to End All Tools
- Gene Creates Lots of 'Custom' Jewelry ... But Does He Really?
- Believe It or Not, Avocado Ring Boxes Are Now a Thing
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.