“Yes, there’s a charge. Or, you can go up to the mall to a chain store and get a ‘free’ verbal appraisal, then call your insurance agent with the amount they told you. Ha!”
To the customer who said: “There’s a charge for appraisals? All you have to do is look at it!”
Woulda Coulda Shouldas are provided anonymously by INSTORE’s Brain Squad
This article originally appeared in the February 2018 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Fun Stories
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
- What I Should Have Said to This Rude Customer to Shut Down His Piracy Proposal
- Did This Customer Have Superhuman Vision ... or Was He Seeing Things That Weren't There?
- This Job Is the 'Polar Opposite' of Being a Jeweler
- Gene the Jeweler's 'Free Range' Employees Set Their Own Sales Goals
Don't Gamble with Your Retirement
Let Wilkerson manage every detail of the most important sale of your life.