Beer and wine also work.
Today we bring you a simple exercise to improve your marketing from the book Do It! Marketing by David Newman. This one is called “The Cup of Coffee Question.” (Though I think it might be even better if it was renamed “The Bottle of Beer Question” or “The Glass of Wine Question.”)
Here’s the test: Look at the copy on your website or in your brochure. Could you say that copy, word for word, to a friend over a cup of coffee, bottle of beer or glass of wine without the person laughing at you or staring at you in open-mouthed confusion?
To restate, are the things you are writing in your marketing materials things you would actually say in a face-to-face conversation?
If not, start over and write again with the Coffee/Beer/Wine Test in mind.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.
Latest Know How Stories
- How Far are Jewelers Prepared to Go to Save a Sale? Our Brain Squad Answers
- Is a Big Brand Store-in-Store a Fit for You? See What Other Jewelers Say
- After 2 Clients Divorce, an Owner Must Decide Who Owns the Store Credit
- This Simple Thing is Guaranteed to Make a Customer Feel Good
- Have a Young Fan Who Loves Your Store? Here's How to Make Her an Ambassador