Beer and wine also work.
Today we bring you a simple exercise to improve your marketing from the book Do It! Marketing by David Newman. This one is called “The Cup of Coffee Question.” (Though I think it might be even better if it was renamed “The Bottle of Beer Question” or “The Glass of Wine Question.”)
Here’s the test: Look at the copy on your website or in your brochure. Could you say that copy, word for word, to a friend over a cup of coffee, bottle of beer or glass of wine without the person laughing at you or staring at you in open-mouthed confusion?
To restate, are the things you are writing in your marketing materials things you would actually say in a face-to-face conversation?
If not, start over and write again with the Coffee/Beer/Wine Test in mind.
Latest Know How Stories
- The Case of the Gold (and Diamond) Digger — We Want Your Thoughts
- When a Jeweler’s Store Was Robbed, This Local Competitor Stepped Up to Help
- What is the Easiest Sales in All Jewelry Retail? The Brain Squad Tells
- Say This When Brainstorming Sessions Start to Go Off Track
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business