I loved the last issue! After I finished reading it, I wrote down 25 things to follow up, consider, or inquire about. You are a true gem and we couldn’t live without your “out of the box” information! — Susan Eisen, Susan Eisen Fine Jewelry & Watches, El Paso, TX
Your Thoughts On "If I Owned a Jewelry Store"
- I thought it was great. Many of the best ideas we’ve had came from those outside the industry who could assuredly see the forest clearly. — J. Dennis Petimezas, Watchmaker’s Diamonds & Jewelry, Johnstown, PA
- Some ideas these folks throw out are worth noting and others are better off in the trash. I don’t think you can walk the walk or talk the talk until you’ve worked jewelry retail for a substantial amount of time. — Marc Majors, Sam L. Majors, Midland, TX
- I love INSTORE. It used to put a smile on my face, but lately I feel like it’s a fictional magazine since what I experience every day in my store tells me a different reality. After 32 years in retail and 37 years as a bench jeweler, I’ve never been soooo disappointed in my career. — Saro Abrahamian, Town Jewelers, Chevy Chase, MD
Feel the Love
- Retailers are just loving how manufacturers are selling on the net. Warm feelings all over the place — you might want to capture the love and share it. — Cliff Yankovich, Chimera Design, Lowell, MI
This article originally appeared in the June 2017 edition of INSTORE.
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.
Latest Know How Stories
- How to Sell a Treated Diamond
- This Valentine's Day, Try Your Jewelry in Bathbombs
- Don’t Believe the Haters; You Can Donate to Every Cause
- When a Client Asked to Swap Her Diamond for a CZ, Did This Retailer Do The Right Thing?
- The Overwhelming Majority of Jewelers Don't Plan to Accept This Popular Currency Anytime Soon