WHY IT IS TRUE: Winners can be spotted a mile away. Watch them as they enter the store early in the morning with a bounce in their step. They check e-mails, review appointment schedules, prepare the cases for opening, and always seem to have a smile on their face.
PLAN OF ACTION: Take a moment to give them some genuine recognition for their efforts. Let them know how much you appreciate their valued participation in the success of your business. At the end of a special day or selling season take them and their spouse out for dinner at a fine restaurant. They know that you will pay them ... now let them know that you really care about them.
This article originally appeared in the November 2015 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.
Latest Know How Stories
- How Far are Jewelers Prepared to Go to Save a Sale? Our Brain Squad Answers
- Is a Big Brand Store-in-Store a Fit for You? See What Other Jewelers Say
- After 2 Clients Divorce, an Owner Must Decide Who Owns the Store Credit
- This Simple Thing is Guaranteed to Make a Customer Feel Good
- Have a Young Fan Who Loves Your Store? Here's How to Make Her an Ambassador