WHY IT IS TRUE: Many salespeople think they “know it all” and couldn’t care less if they get better.
PLAN OF ACTION: We’ve all been charmed by a salesperson. They sounded great in the interview, and you had an open position that desperately needed to be filled. Open the door to your training program and see how they respond. Watch their eyes. If they are with you, they are giving it a shot. If not, recognize your mistake and immediately make a change. You wouldn’t be the first person who unknowingly hired a loser, but you could be the last person who unsuccessfully kept that loser.
DAVID W. RICHARDSON CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.
Latest Know How Stories
- How Far are Jewelers Prepared to Go to Save a Sale? Our Brain Squad Answers
- Is a Big Brand Store-in-Store a Fit for You? See What Other Jewelers Say
- After 2 Clients Divorce, an Owner Must Decide Who Owns the Store Credit
- This Simple Thing is Guaranteed to Make a Customer Feel Good
- Have a Young Fan Who Loves Your Store? Here's How to Make Her an Ambassador