WHY IT IS TRUE: Statistics indicate that millennials may be initially more interested in the emotional romance/story surrounding the diamond than the diamond itself.
PLAN OF ACTION: Give them what they’re looking for by sharing romantic stories of engagement ring customers. These stories will make you look like a hero in the eyes of this potential customer. Make sure you present the stories from the viewpoint of the customer, not you the jeweler.
David W. Richardson CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the June 2017 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.
Latest Know How Stories
- How Far are Jewelers Prepared to Go to Save a Sale? Our Brain Squad Answers
- Is a Big Brand Store-in-Store a Fit for You? See What Other Jewelers Say
- After 2 Clients Divorce, an Owner Must Decide Who Owns the Store Credit
- This Simple Thing is Guaranteed to Make a Customer Feel Good
- Have a Young Fan Who Loves Your Store? Here's How to Make Her an Ambassador