“A.Jaffe engagement rings.” — Corey Miller, Leighton’s Jewelers, Merced, CA
A.Jaffe ring mounting with floral millegrain accent and diamonds (0.55 TCW), $840 (18K white gold), $1,110 (platinum), ajaffe.com
Top-Selling Jewelry Brands in September
Allison-Kaufman (6), Gabriel & Co. (6), Lafonn (6), Hearts on Fire (4), Ostbye (4), Berco (3), Citizen (3), ELLE (3), Kit Heath (3), Pandora (3), Diadori (2), Canadian Rocks (2), Empire Corp. (2), Kameleon (2), Keith Jack (2), Obaku (2), Royal Chain (2), Stuller (2), Vahan (2)
* Brands mentioned by at least two of 145 Brain Squad members when we asked what they would be reordering in October.
- “Lab grown diamonds have been performing exceedingly well lately.” — Morgan Bartel, Susann’s Custom Jewelers, Corpus Christi, TX
- “We are doing well with the ‘drawstring’ style diamond tennis bracelets.” — Alisha Moore, Toner Jewelers, Overland Park, KS
- “Gabriel bridal and fashion is No. 1. Diamond studs and bridal sets under $2,500.” — Kelly Doyle, Beverly’s Jewelers, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- “Earrings. More clip style than usual.” — Donna Soodalter-Toman, DIVA, Newtonville, MA
- “We are an online retailer that specializes in moissanite. We are selling more yellow gold lately, and also two-tone engagements. 1.5-2-carat rounds followed by cushions and emeralds of the same size are our most popular sellers. Narrow diamond shanks with big ‘ol centers are consistently our most popular setting style.” — Jen Hollywood, J Hollywood Designs, Chester Springs, PA
- “Believe it or not, we had our first up month in Pandora in eons.” — Alexander Rysman, Romm Diamonds, Brockton, MA
- “Leslie’s silver and gold earrings have been hot to trot! Anything that sparkles and dangles sold well in September.” — Mary Jo Chanski, Hannoush Jewelers, Rutland, VT
- “Big diamonds from RDI and EM Trading, and magnificent color from Empire Corporation, Color Merchants and Bassali are all reorders. September numbers doubled from last year!” — Denise Oros, Linnea Jewelers, La Grange, IL
- “There is a noticeable resurgence of charms and charm bracelets, along with many more requests for yellow gold.” — Elysia Demers, Barnhardt Jewelers, Spencer, NC
- “Shy Creation fashion jewelry has been a great addition and a fresh look in our cases. It has attracted the attention of customers of all ages. The price points have made it a great gift for the birthday girls of September.” — Scott Kelly, Jems Jewels & Gold, North Wales, PA
- “We have had such success with ancient coin pieces that we are expanding our display and counter space! Customers love the history of shipwrecks and Roman and Greek coins, and that we handcraft and frame them in-store.” — Linda McEathron, Design House, Waco, TX
- “Sterling, especially vintage pieces from the ‘50s. Chunky bracelets with big stones sold out.” — James Doggett, Doggett Jewelry, Kingston, NH
- “Obaku watches!!! Sold like hotcakes. And custom jewelry.” — Julie Terwilliger, Wexford Jewelers, Cadillac, MI
- “Les Georgettes ... love this fun line. It’s new for us and has been very well-received!” — Erika Godfrey, Hawthorne Jewelry, Kearney, NE
- “Diamonds ... but not a single round or princess cut among them. Pear, marquise, emerald, oval. I think younger couples are looking for ways to stand apart from all of their friends getting engaged via big box stores.” — Jennifer Farnes, Revolution Jewelry Works, Colorado Springs, CO
This article originally appeared in the November 2017 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Products Stories
- From Pink Diamond Phone Cases to the Ultimate Earring Problem Solver, Here's April's Jewelry Pro Gear
- Hearts on Fire Takes Top Spot in Hot Brands for February
- From an Interchangeable Earring System to Enamel Bangles, Here are the Latest New Collections
- Four Jewels for the Customer Who Loves All Things Glittery
- Here's the Earring Trend That Went Long at the SAG Awards
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.