The fictional Gene once again shows us what not to do.
You may recall that Gene the Jeweler's jewelry story changes a lot of watch batteries. And at $5 a pop, it's hardly the world's most profitable business line.
In today's video, we get a little more insight into the situation as the fictional Gene gets his employee to talk about the customers who come in for battery replacement. And we hear a pretty gross term: wrist cheese.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Yep, Gene's store apparently deals with wrist cheese quite a bit. And the more Gene talks about his watch-repair operation, the more it seems like a service he shouldn't even be offering, given the low, or possibly nonexistent, margins.
What do you think?
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Hired His Nephew ... And at Least Insurance Covered the Damage
- Cartoon: Now That's Customer Service ...
- Video: Sometimes You Have to Fire a Customer ... And Here's a Great Example
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Explains His Moonstone Strategy
- Here's What All Jewelers Wish They Could Say to Ring Lickers
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!