Wait a minute ... does he ever actually close any sales?
In today's video, Gene the Jeweler is kind enough to divulge his techniques for closing a sale.
Unfortunately, the only thing you'll probably learn from the fictional Gene is how not to do business. Does he ever actually close any sales? With his approach, you have to wonder.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Closing deals in Gene's store starts with one key concept: "Make them buy."
To achieve that, he uses methods such as discounting his products and throwing in extra items — such as mountings — or services. He's even been known to wash a customer's car now and then.
And his staff members have some, shall we say, interesting techniques of their own.
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Hired His Nephew ... And at Least Insurance Covered the Damage
- Cartoon: Now That's Customer Service ...
- Video: Sometimes You Have to Fire a Customer ... And Here's a Great Example
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Explains His Moonstone Strategy
- Here's What All Jewelers Wish They Could Say to Ring Lickers
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!