“Yes, there’s a charge. Or, you can go up to the mall to a chain store and get a ‘free’ verbal appraisal, then call your insurance agent with the amount they told you. Ha!”
To the customer who said: “There’s a charge for appraisals? All you have to do is look at it!”
Woulda Coulda Shouldas are provided anonymously by INSTORE’s Brain Squad
This article originally appeared in the February 2018 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Fun Stories
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Explains His Moonstone Strategy
- Here's What All Jewelers Wish They Could Say to Ring Lickers
- Just When You Thought You'd Heard Everything, These Customers Came Along
- Video: Yes, I Replaced Your Watch Battery. No, I Don't Owe You $1,200 for Unrelated Repairs ...
- Reno Retailer Erica Tague Talks Dream Destination, Biggest Challenge and the Worst Thing About Working with Family
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!