In this episode of the satirical Gene the Jeweler series, Gene talks about the time he hired his nephew Jason as a goldsmith.
Hiring a relative doesn't always have to be a bad thing, but in this case, it didn't work out so well.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
You see, Jason had no experience at all. And there were other problems.
At least the insurance company paid for the damage.
Watch the video:
JIMMY DEGROOT is a jewelry store manager who has been in the business for over 20 years. Now he spends his time training teams around the world at jewelrystoretraining.com and sharing marketing advice through his blog site at jewelrymarketingguy.com. Sign up for training videos here.
Latest Fun Stories
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Hired His Nephew ... And at Least Insurance Covered the Damage
- Cartoon: Now That's Customer Service ...
- Video: Sometimes You Have to Fire a Customer ... And Here's a Great Example
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Explains His Moonstone Strategy
- Here's What All Jewelers Wish They Could Say to Ring Lickers
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!