Our ultimate calendar for Jewelry Pros will make planning your 2018 a breeze.
“I know what I’m gonna do tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year, and the year after that.”
You’ve probably heard George Bailey utter that line in the classic Christmas movie, It’s A Wonderful Life. When George says it, we can hear the excitement in his voice — he knows what he wants to do and he has a plan to get there.
How awesome would your life be if you knew what you were going to do tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year? Now’s the time to figure it out, and we’ve got just the tool to help: The Ultimate Calendar for Jewelry Pros!
We’ve compiled interesting dates and helpful advice into a 12-page feature that you’re going to want to immediately cut out and pin to your bulletin board. From event opportunities like Sex and the City Day (invite self-purchasers to come splurge), to key industry show dates, to timely tips (June 29: “buy your staff books on selling — because everybody needs summer beach reading”), this feature is so chock-full of ideas, your biggest challenge will be figuring out how many you can actually pull off.
If that’s not enough, we’ve got the usual highlights, including the hottest new gold jewelry (p. 20), runway and celebrity trends (p. 26), the secret to figuring out how much to take out of your business (p. 64), the very coolest ceiling fixtures we could find (p. 72), a store whose coolness lies in its flexibility and daring (p. 76), and much, much more!
So don’t stop now — turn the page and start figuring out how to make 2018 your most “wonderful” year yet!
FIVE SMART TIPS YOU'LL FIND INSIDE THIS EDITION
1. Reward your staff for watching inspirational videos, podcasts and webinars.
2. Hold an “inventory detox” event targeting jewelry over four months old.
3. Pair with a local artisan to hide jewelry in bath bombs and give them away before Valentine’s Day.
4. Highlight happy customers on Facebook to win over new ones.
5. Use modular, movable showcases so that you can easily transform your showroom for events.
This article originally appeared in the January 2018 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
When it was time to close its doors, Cranstoun Court Jewellers of Sun City, Arizona chose Wilkerson to handle its liquidation sale. For all involved, the sale “far exceeded expectations.” But it wasn’t the first time Wilkerson helped sell off the store’s aging merchandise. They were there 13 years before, when ownership changed hands. See how Wilkerson can help you when it’s time to liquidate or sell off aging inventory.
Latest Know How Stories
- This Trunk Show Brainstorm Brings a Little Vegas to Your Store
- Here's How You Ask the Client to Buy as a Favor to You
- How to Tell By Your Customer's Eyes Whether They Want to Buy or Not
- How Much Should Your Staff Cost You? This and Other 'Ask INSTORE' Responses
- When an Employee Backtracks on Leaving Her Job, the Owner Finds Himself Overstaffed. What Would You Do?