WHY IT IS TRUE: Winners can be spotted a mile away. Watch them as they enter the store early in the morning with a bounce in their step. They check e-mails, review appointment schedules, prepare the cases for opening, and always seem to have a smile on their face.
PLAN OF ACTION: Take a moment to give them some genuine recognition for their efforts. Let them know how much you appreciate their valued participation in the success of your business. At the end of a special day or selling season take them and their spouse out for dinner at a fine restaurant. They know that you will pay them ... now let them know that you really care about them.
This article originally appeared in the November 2015 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Wilkerson Steps in When It’s Time to Step Back
Jim Russell of Stein Jewelry in Madison, Mississippi, says Wilkerson seamlessly handled the sale that let him and his wife “do the things that we have always wanted to do.” Trust Wilkerson to handle your end of business sale—they’ll be there every step of the way.
Latest Know How Stories
- What Legacy Will You Leave As a Jeweler? Here's What Your Peers Say
- Can You Afford to Close Your Store for Extended Time? Here's What Other Jewelers Say
- When a Longtime Employee and Family Friend Steals from a Store and Vanishes, How Should the Owners Handle It?
- Two Ways to Keep From Discounting an Item
- Like the Tires of a Car, One Flat Salesperson Can Ruin the Experience