WHY IT IS TRUE: Statistics indicate that millennials may be initially more interested in the emotional romance/story surrounding the diamond than the diamond itself.
PLAN OF ACTION: Give them what they’re looking for by sharing romantic stories of engagement ring customers. These stories will make you look like a hero in the eyes of this potential customer. Make sure you present the stories from the viewpoint of the customer, not you the jeweler.
David W. Richardson CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the June 2017 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Wilkerson Steps in When It’s Time to Step Back
Jim Russell of Stein Jewelry in Madison, Mississippi, says Wilkerson seamlessly handled the sale that let him and his wife “do the things that we have always wanted to do.” Trust Wilkerson to handle your end of business sale—they’ll be there every step of the way.
Latest Know How Stories
- What Legacy Will You Leave As a Jeweler? Here's What Your Peers Say
- Can You Afford to Close Your Store for Extended Time? Here's What Other Jewelers Say
- When a Longtime Employee and Family Friend Steals from a Store and Vanishes, How Should the Owners Handle It?
- Two Ways to Keep From Discounting an Item
- Like the Tires of a Car, One Flat Salesperson Can Ruin the Experience