A wide twist Noam Carver oval engagement ring in 14K yellow gold, $659, crownring.com
Ovals, ovals and in case I forgot to mention, ovals. We are crushing it with Noam Carver by CrownRing. Can’t say enough about how awesome this company is. — Michael Kanoff, Michael’s Jewelers, Yardley, PA
Top-Selling Jewelry Brands in July
Gabriel & Co. (11), Lashbrook (7), Hearts On Fire (5), Stuller (5), Allison-Kaufman (3), Coast Diamond (3), Ostbye (3), Simon G (3), Tacori (3), A. Jaffe (2), ArtCarved (2), Benchmark (2), Camelot (2), CrownRing (2), John Bagley (2), Lafonn (2), Mark Schneider (2), Rego Designs (2), Schurhammer Mfg. (2), Vahan (2)
* Brands mentioned by more than two of 175 Brain Squad members when we asked what they would be reordering in August.
- Wedding jewelry is selling in filigree and halo designs, especially in rose and yellow gold. We have a wide variety of price ranges and styles that have strong appeal from John Bagley. — Annette Kinzie, Leonard Jewelry, Stillwater, OK
- Lashbrook wedding bands have been a stand-out for the new grooms. Being able to tailor their wedding bands to their own personality makes for a long-lasting customer. The new brides have continued to go with the fine line of Gabriel & Co. diamond bands in all sizes and price points. — Scott Kelly, Jems Jewels & Gold, North Wales, PA
- Moissanite for millennials! These are selling far above and beyond diamonds for our studio. — Jennifer Farnes, Revolution Jewelry Works, Colorado Springs, CO
- Anything made by Ostbye. Starting to add some more yellow gold rings into stock as well. — Sue Parker, Nyman Jewelers, Excanaba, MI
- We recently did well with selling add-a-pearls for wedding attendant gifts. Our most popular brands for wedding jewelry and accessories, which we attribute both to the styles and the price points, are: men’s money clips, the Black Label sterling and CZ collections from Kelly Waters, and ELLE. — Allison Leitzel-Williams, Leitzel’s Jewelry, Myerstown, PA
- Vintage engagement rings circa 1900-1920 had a strong showing this year. Thank goodness for Hugo Kohl being able to fill in the pieces that are getting harder to find. Stuller wedding bands have a wide range of metals, styles and finishes that supplied so many options this season. Custom design still led the pack in what continues to be a fantastic bridal season. — James Doggett, Doggett Jewelry, Kingston, NH
- Halo bridal and antique look, also more rose gold and two-tone gold bridal. We are seeing a new trend to simple solitaires, as well as very thin engagement rings with diamonds on the shank. — James Gattas, James Gattas Jewelers, Memphis, TN
- Fana, Hearts On Fire and Tacori. — Tonia Ulsh, Mountz Jewelers, Camp Hill, PA
- Doing very well with the split shank halo mountings from Facets USA! — Laurie Cusher, Hyde Park Jeweler, Hyde Park, NY
- We have been doing well lately with the Showcase app from Stuller. We have it as part of our website, but we seem to do much better when people are shown how to use it on our showroom computer — then they go home and play around with it. Once I take a couple minutes to show people how to use it, they love it. Not sure why more people do not use it directly from my website. — Cliff Yankovich, Chimera Design, Lowell, MI
This article originally appeared in the September 2017 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Products Stories
- How to Sell to the Client Who Thinks Art Deco Is the Bee's Knees
- From Puka Shells to Movable Charms, Here are the Latest Jewelry Collections
- Here's the Colorful Runway Trend That's Influencing Jewelry Designs This Summer
- From Amethyst Soap to Meditative Mineral Studies, Here's Your Jewelry Pro Gear for July
- Hearts on Fire Grabs the Top Spot, and More Hot Sellers for May
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Wilkerson Steps in When It’s Time to Step Back
Jim Russell of Stein Jewelry in Madison, Mississippi, says Wilkerson seamlessly handled the sale that let him and his wife “do the things that we have always wanted to do.” Trust Wilkerson to handle your end of business sale—they’ll be there every step of the way.