“Doing very well with Lafonn — a good price point for these days. For gold jewelry, Norgem Designs, and for bridal, Facets USA!” — Laurie Cusher, Hyde Park Jeweler, Hyde Park, NY
Oval halo ring by Lafonn in 18K rose gold-bonded sterling silver with simulated morganite and simulated diamonds, $180, lafonn.com
Top-Selling Jewelry Brands in November
Gabriel & Co. (6), Pandora (6), Rolex (6), Stuller (5), Alex & Ani (4), Hearts on Fire (4), Lafonn (4), Les Georgettes (4), Vahan (4), Allison-Kaufman (3), Citizen (3), Berco (2), Cargo Hold (2), Carla (2), Fossil (2), John Hardy (2), Keith Jack (2), QALO (2), Rembrandt Charms (2), Ronaldo (2)
* Brands mentioned by at least two of 134 Brain Squad members when asked what they would be reordering in December.
- UNO de 50 has been a fun new designer for us. Karen Hollis, K. Hollis Jewelers, Batavia, IL
- Diamond tennis bracelets. I sold more in the month of November than all of 2016. Michael Kanoff, Michael’s Jewelers, Yardley, PA
- Halo rings are still hot, both for bridal and color. More folks looking for and buying yellow gold: chains, layered necklaces, pendants. Mark Kasuba, M. Edward Jewelers, Pittsfield, MA
- Stackables, rose gold moissanite and engagement rings, QALO. Nathan George, Joshua’s Fine Jewelry, Russellville, AR
- We did great with Allison-Kaufman bridal and gemstone pieces. Erica Lorenz, Michael & Sons, Reno, NV
- Gabriel & Co. bridal and fashion, Ronaldo bracelets and Lafonn — all great this month! LaTisha Holland, Arlene’s Fine Jewelry, Vidalia, GA
- Stuller semi-mount engagement rings mean there will be some happy couples during the holidays, while Hugo Kohl was extremely popular with the be-backs. James Doggett, Doggett Jewelry, Kingston, NH
- The newly introduced Magnificence diamond line [via Gem Star Imports] … hot hot hot! Has potential to be the next “dancing diamonds.” If you were snoozin’ on this one, you’re losin’. J. Dennis Petimezas, Watchmaker’s Diamonds & Jewelry, Johnstown, PA
- Stylish gals are loving the new Les Georgettes cuff bracelets with reversible leather inserts … classy cuffs!! Mary Jo Chanski, Hannoush Jewelers, Rutland, VT
- I’ve been selling lots of bracelets, so I’m reordering wire to make them with, more frequently than I have in a long time. Janne Etz, Contemporary Concepts, Cocoa, FL
- We used Berco’s flier for Thanksgiving week, did well with silver and Mommy Chic items. Rosanne Kroen, Rosanne’s Diamonds & Gold, South Bend, IN
- Selling like mad, 60-inch strands of tiny faceted gem beads, spinel, garnets, moonstones. Key to their success is that they are well-cut, shimmer enticingly, and are priced for gift giving. Eve J. Alfille, Eve J. Alfille Gallery & Studio, Evanston, IL
- Rolex as always and diamond bezel pendants at all price points are hot hot hot right now! Josh Pruschen, Maxon Fine Jewelry, Springfield, MO
- Our best sellers were Elizabeth Locke, Penny Preville and wedding bands. There was a big mix of a lot of other pieces and services that were sold. Oh....and two incredible pieces from Victor Velyan. Marc Majors, Sam L. Majors, Midland, TX
This article originally appeared in the January 2018 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Products Stories
- How to Sell to the Client Who Thinks Art Deco Is the Bee's Knees
- From Puka Shells to Movable Charms, Here are the Latest Jewelry Collections
- Here's the Colorful Runway Trend That's Influencing Jewelry Designs This Summer
- From Amethyst Soap to Meditative Mineral Studies, Here's Your Jewelry Pro Gear for July
- Hearts on Fire Grabs the Top Spot, and More Hot Sellers for May
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Wilkerson Steps in When It’s Time to Step Back
Jim Russell of Stein Jewelry in Madison, Mississippi, says Wilkerson seamlessly handled the sale that let him and his wife “do the things that we have always wanted to do.” Trust Wilkerson to handle your end of business sale—they’ll be there every step of the way.