Light, bright, and always a classic, silver shines on.
STORY BY BECKY STONE
Silver can be serious, shiny, silly, seductive, sinuous, sparkly, sleek, subversive, and subtle — sometimes all at the same time. From accessible fashion jewelry to exotic, experimental artistry, silver’s affordability and effortless appeal make it a fantastic multi-tasker.
Frederic Duclos (ABOVE)
Model Tiana Whitley wears sterling silver jewelry by Frederic Duclos, including pyramid lariat necklace ($198) and pyramid lariat earrings ($110). (866) 898-3636, fredericduclos.com
Photographer: Frank Armstrong
Seasons of minimalist stacking jewelry are causing a boldness backlash: structural statement jewelry is on the rise! Subtle styles aren’t going anywhere, but mid-century modernesque abstraction and larger scale designs are surging in popularity — especially on the ear.
Oxidized sterling silver earrings with layers of handformed wires.
(720) 663-7817, nikkinationjewelry.com
Sterling silver earrings.
(319) 431-6980, kristisword.com
Sterling silver cufflinks with round brilliant diamonds (0.008 TCW).
Sterling silver earrings.
(646) 745-6831, arianaboussardreifel.com
kAuge by Kothari
Hammered sterling silver earrings with blue topaz.
(510) 452-5600, kotharidesign.com
Shamila Fine Jewelry
Silver ring with 22K yellow gold, diamonds, and rutilated quartz (15 TCW).
(206) 669-7688, shamila.com
Sterling silver necklace with rhodium finish.
(401) 667-7279, bastian-inverun.com
Hammered oxidized sterling silver cuff bracelet.
(201) 933-7200 (Ext.108), likabehar.com
Thistle & Bee
Sterling silver bracelet.
(888) 288-2801, thistleandbee.net
Silver is a superstar that wears many hats: from insouciant charms to elegant, evening-appropriate cuffs, silver is a superior shape-shifter capable of satisfying so many different needs. Here’s a small sampling of current silver styles’ spectacular diversity.
Sterling silver chain and pendant with crystal beads.
(303) 530-1268, kircollection.com
Sterling silver ring with 18K yellow gold and amethyst.
(800) 622-0960, phillipgavriel.com
Sterling silver charm with purple enamel.
(212) 226-5533, alexwoo.com
ELLE Time and Jewelry
Sterling silver cuff bracelet with rose gold plate.
(469) 221-0866, ellejewelry.com
Sterling silver necklace.
(917) 289-0676, wendybrandes.com
Jane Basch Jewelry Designs
Multi-strand sterling silver and sterling silver vermeil necklace with pearls.
(954) 927-4100, janebasch.com
Sterling silver earrings with moonstones.
(203) 529-5440, erindeluca.com
Oxidized silver cuff bracelet with 24K gold, 14K gold and a rose-cut pink tourmaline.
(212) 730-9523, acanthusjewelry.com
Sterling silver ring with moonstone.
(781) 956-4390, pamelazamore.com
This article originally appeared in the April 2018 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Products Stories
- Video: 18 New Styles That Prove Earrings Are Still Awesome
- The Very First Samuel B. Catalog and More Service Stories for June
- Check Out Your Fellow Jewelers' Best-Selling Brands and Products from April
- Marble Mac Covers, Boss Babe Bags and More Jewelry Pro Gear for June
- This is the Necklace Trend that Stole the Show on Recent Red Carpets
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!